Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vikas rao <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/01 05:08:10 UTC

First problem!

Hi,
This is my first post, just started working with struts, and have run into
problems!
i have an "index.jsp" page:
<%@ taglib uri="\WEB-INF\struts-html.tld" prefix="s" %>

and when i try to access this page:
http://localhost:8080/Mystruts/index.jsp

i'm getting the exception :
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "\WEB-INF\struts-html.tld" not found

well, struts-html.tld is inside the "tlds" folder inside web-inf, should i
give "\web-inf\tlds\struts-html.tld"
as the path? i tried that, but that again ran me into more problems.
please help!
vikas.

Re: First problem!

Posted by Sarish Jain <sa...@gmail.com>.
The tld would be automatically picked up if its under web-inf\tlfs.. Thats
not the problem, the problem is that
Just open that tld file and you would find the uri tag there, pick up that
uri and put it in the jsp.
<%@ taglib uri="<uri from the tld file>" prefix="s" %>

Hope i made sense..
Sarish

On 5/1/07, vikas rao <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> This is my first post, just started working with struts, and have run into
> problems!
> i have an "index.jsp" page:
> <%@ taglib uri="\WEB-INF\struts-html.tld" prefix="s" %>
>
> and when i try to access this page:
> http://localhost:8080/Mystruts/index.jsp
>
> i'm getting the exception :
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "\WEB-INF\struts-html.tld" not
> found
>
> well, struts-html.tld is inside the "tlds" folder inside web-inf, should i
> give "\web-inf\tlds\struts-html.tld"
> as the path? i tried that, but that again ran me into more problems.
> please help!
> vikas.

Sarish
09342640504