Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net> on 2004/05/31 21:29:37 UTC

Inherited properties and multiproject

Hi,

I'm using rc3 and I have some projects (model, webapp, doc, ...) that
inherit a project called "common" where some properties are set in a
project.properties file.
I run multiproject from the "doc" subproject (this calls all projects except
doc, including the superproject "common") and some of the properties defined
in "common" are not available to the projects called by multiproject, they
must be defined in the "doc" project.properties.

Am I doing something wrong or it's a bug?
Maybe nobody has already tried to run multiproject from a subproject?

Thanks

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project
http://oness.sourceforge.net

Re: IDE's and multiproject

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 08:58, Brill Pappin wrote:
> How are things like multiproject handled in IDEs such as Eclipse or IDEA?
> IDEs like that don't understand the concept of multiproject at all.

IDEA 4.x certainly understands the notion of dealing with many projects.
In IDEA a project can have 1 .. N modules and an IDEA module maps nicely
to a Maven project. The new IDEA plugin will take advantage of this so
that a large, nested maven build and quickly be turned into a multi
module IDEA project. I'm not sure about other IDEs as I only use IDEA.

> How are others solving this problem?

Trgyve is working on a new eclipse plugin so he might have some insight
there.

> -Brill Pappin

jvz.

Jason van Zyl