Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov> on 2013/02/22 15:09:04 UTC

CQL describe table not working

I can "describe keyspace <keyspace>" just fine and I see my table(as the CREATE TABLE seen below) but when I run

"describe table nreldata" cqlsh just prints out "Not in any keyspace".  Am I doing something wrong here?  This is 1.1.4 cassandra and I wanted to try to set my bloomfilter fp to 1.0 (ie. Disabled) and the docs gave me some cql alter statement rather than the command for the cassandra cli client.

CREATE TABLE nreldata (
  KEY blob PRIMARY KEY
) WITH
  comment='' AND
  comparator=blob AND
  read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  default_validation=blob AND
  min_compaction_threshold=4 AND
  max_compaction_threshold=32 AND
  replicate_on_write='true' AND
  compaction_strategy_class='SizeTieredCompactionStrategy' AND
  compression_parameters:sstable_compression='SnappyCompressor';

Re: CQL describe table not working

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.
Sweeeeet, thanks.  The command line "help describe" didn't really outline that info but it worked great.

Thanks,
Dean

From: Jabbar <aj...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2013 8:29 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: CQL describe table not working

Hello,

I'm using v1.2.1. If I want to use desc table and I haven't done a "use <keyspace>" then I use "desc table <keyspace>.tablename".

However if I have done "use <keyspace" I only do a "desc table <tablename>

--
Thanks

 A Jabbar Azam

Re: CQL describe table not working