Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2010/04/23 22:15:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release OpenJPA-2.0.0 Plugins for Geronimo 2.1.3-2.1.5 servers

I've created a release candidate of a set of plugins that can be
used to upgrade an existing Geronimo 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.5 or
2.1.6-SNAPSHOT server from OpenJPA 1.x to the new OpenJPA 2.0.0 release,
so users can start experimenting with a JPA 2.0 certified codebase.

You can install the plugins by using the console Plugin portlet and
Updating the existing plugin repos to see the g.a.o/plugins/openjpa2 or
you can try using the following mirror catalog site:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/geronimo/openjpa2/

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-017/

Source tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/openjpa2/tags/2.1.3/

Source tar/zips:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-017/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/openjpa2/2.1.3/

For plugin installation instructions, see:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/openjpa2/tags/README.txt
Note: There are 2 plugins at version 2.1.3 to install (openjpa2 and
persistence-deployer-jpa20.)  You will need to restart your server
before running or deploying apps that need JPA2 so the artifactAlias
entries will take affect and replace already loaded OpenJPA 1.x and spec
jars.
The latest version of Daytrader 2.1.3 that can be used for testing can
be installed as a plugin from:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/daytrader-2.1.3/

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Donald

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA-2.0.0 Plugins for Geronimo 2.1.3-2.1.5 servers

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
I think some of the SNAPSHOT references in the artifact-aliases are not
necessary but that isn't a big deal.

The jpa-tests still bother me but I guess they are not really part of
vote since we're not building or releasing them even though the they are
included in the tag referenced as part of the vote.  That's a bit
strange but I guess it isn't a reason to stop the vote either.  I
haven't found anything specifically forbidding this - so I assume it
must be alright.  In the future I would suggest that we remove items
that are not included in the vote from the tag.

Here's my +1

Joe

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
My +1

Installed plugins using staging repo at -
    http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/geronimo/openjpa2/
Built and installed Daytrader 2.1.3 as a EAR from -
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/branches/2.1.3/

-Donald

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Ditto.
--kevan

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Signatures, checksums, rat, build, license/notice all look good.