Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/08/12 10:07:47 UTC

[cvs] how to get the code (was Re: [Ldapd-devel] LDAP Support in Geronimo)

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 09:03  am, James deGraft-Johnson wrote:

> HI,
>
> How do I get the existing code base from CVS?

http://www.apache.org/~jstrachan/geronimo/cvs-usage.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

I don't know tortoise-cvs though the following should work from the
command line...

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
password: anoncvs

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout
incubator-geronimo

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [cvs] how to get the code (was Re: [Ldapd-devel] LDAP Support in Geronimo)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 01:12  pm, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> James Strachan wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 09:03  am, James deGraft-Johnson
>> wrote:
>>> HI,
>>>
>>> How do I get the existing code base from CVS?
>> http://www.apache.org/~jstrachan/geronimo/cvs-usage.html
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html
>> I don't know tortoise-cvs though the following should work from the
>> command line...
>> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
>> password: anoncvs
>
> Hi,
>
> It doesn't pertain to Geronimo per se, but I'm wondering why every
> docs about cvs (at least at Apache site) doesn't mention that the
> password may be specified on the command line ? Whouldn't it be
> simpler as the following cvs login command doesn't ask for the
> password, thus one doesn't need to type in the password over and over
> again ?
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, performing the following command is quite enough
> to check out the sources (no need to cvs login):

You need to login to the above repository once. Once you've logged in
you don't need to do it again (as it stores the login in your home
directory). So once you've logged in you can checkout any apache
modules.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@hp.com>.
James Strachan wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 09:03  am, James deGraft-Johnson wrote:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> How do I get the existing code base from CVS?
>

> http://www.apache.org/~jstrachan/geronimo/cvs-usage.html
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html
>
> I don't know tortoise-cvs though the following should work from the
> command line...
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
> password: anoncvs

Hi,

It doesn't pertain to Geronimo per se, but I'm wondering why every docs
about cvs (at least at Apache site) doesn't mention that the password
may be specified on the command line ? Whouldn't it be simpler as the
following cvs login command doesn't ask for the password, thus one
doesn't need to type in the password over and over again ?

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login

Unless I'm mistaken, performing the following command is quite enough to
check out the sources (no need to cvs login):

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic -q
checkout incubator-geronimo

> James

-Jacek

RE: [cvs] how to get the code

Posted by James deGraft-Johnson <jd...@digaman.com>.
Hi,

I figured it out. The example I copied duplicated the repository name that
is why it was failing.

Thanks.

James deGraft-Johnson
3419 Hampton Hollow Drive, Apt G,