Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org> on 2004/02/26 13:24:02 UTC

jk2 : ap_hook_translate_name should be APR_HOOK_MIDDLE

With the actual code in jk2, we can't use mod_alias, for instance
ErrorDocument.

I changed the ap_hook_translate_name from APR_HOOK_FIRST to
APR_HOOK_MIDDLE and I've get the ErrorDocument.

jk use also APR_HOOK_MIDDLE for ap_hook_translate_name, so I wonder
why it's set to APR_HOOK_FIRST in jk2 (seems to be a bug).

I'm waiting for explanation before commiting the fix :

Gleen, Mladen, Jean-Frederic, Gunter, advices please

Re: jk2 : ap_hook_translate_name should be APR_HOOK_MIDDLE

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Henri Gomez wrote:

> Guenter Knauf wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> looks like this was already done by Mladen with mod_jk2 version 1.42,
>> but two days later the patch was reverted again with 1.43 by BoJan...
>>
>> Guenter.
>>

>>> With the actual code in jk2, we can't use mod_alias, for instance
>>> ErrorDocument.
>>

>>> I changed the ap_hook_translate_name from APR_HOOK_FIRST to
>>> APR_HOOK_MIDDLE and I've get the ErrorDocument.
>>

>>> jk use also APR_HOOK_MIDDLE for ap_hook_translate_name, so I wonder
>>> why it's set to APR_HOOK_FIRST in jk2 (seems to be a bug).
>>

>>> I'm waiting for explanation before commiting the fix :
>>

> Well I still didn't understand why but ErrorDocuments works when I
> compile jk2 with -DUSE_APRTABLES :-)

Ok, second mistake of the day ;(

It didn't works either with  -DUSE_APRTABLES ;-----(

Re: jk2 : ap_hook_translate_name should be APR_HOOK_MIDDLE

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guenter Knauf <ef...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Guenter Knauf <ef...@gmx.net>.
Hi,
> With the actual code in jk2, we can't use mod_alias, for instance
> ErrorDocument.

> I changed the ap_hook_translate_name from APR_HOOK_FIRST to
> APR_HOOK_MIDDLE and I've get the ErrorDocument.

> jk use also APR_HOOK_MIDDLE for ap_hook_translate_name, so I wonder
> why it's set to APR_HOOK_FIRST in jk2 (seems to be a bug).

> I'm waiting for explanation before commiting the fix :

> Gleen, Mladen, Jean-Frederic, Gunter, advices please
I will test that soon; and I believe that APR_HOOK_MIDDLE gives also the user a chance to change something with the load order; I think with APR_HOOK_FIRST there's no chance to change something regardless if you load as first or last module...

Also I found some more whoes with APR_HOOK_REALLY_FIRST: I use it in a very simple module which only appends a string to the signature, and I wanted to make sure that the string appears directly after the server signature; while it works fine with Linux and NetWare, on Win32 I get different results: one start it behaves as expected, another start and the string appears _before_ (!!) the server signature as very first string!
So the point is that at least on Win32 the hook priority isnt constant but _can_ differ from start to start!
here's the simple module if someone wants to test with:
http://www.gknw.com/development/apache/httpd-2.0/unix/modules/mod_avc-0.1.1.tar.gz
NetWare and Win32 binaries also on my site...

Guenter.

Re: jk2 : ap_hook_translate_name should be APR_HOOK_MIDDLE

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Henri Gomez wrote:

> With the actual code in jk2, we can't use mod_alias, for instance
> ErrorDocument.
>
> I changed the ap_hook_translate_name from APR_HOOK_FIRST to
> APR_HOOK_MIDDLE and I've get the ErrorDocument.
>
> jk use also APR_HOOK_MIDDLE for ap_hook_translate_name, so I wonder
> why it's set to APR_HOOK_FIRST in jk2 (seems to be a bug).
>
> I'm waiting for explanation before commiting the fix :
>
> Gleen, Mladen, Jean-Frederic, Gunter, advices please

Oups, I was using jk 1.2.6-dev instead of jk2 2.0.4-dev, forget this
mail ;(