Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2015/11/24 16:55:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move master to 4.1 and create a 4.x maintenance branch

I'd like to start the discussion around moving forward to Karaf 4.1.
I propose we create a 4.x maintenance branch and move master to
4.1-SNAPSHOT.

This will allow introducing important dependencies upgrades such as:
  * pax-web 6.x
  * sshd 1.0
  * support for narayana transaction manager
  * JDK 8
  * ... name it ...
The above list is obviously subject to discussion...

Thoughts ?

Re: [DISCUSS] Move master to 4.1 and create a 4.x maintenance branch

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1 from my side.

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: [DISCUSS] Move master to 4.1 and create a 4.x maintenance branch

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Sounds good to me.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Good point, it makes sense.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Move master to 4.1 and create a 4.x maintenance branch

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Non at all,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Move master to 4.1 and create a 4.x maintenance branch

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Guillaume,

I agree.

Other changes submitted to the discussion:
- remove Java7 support (JDK 8 min)
- pax-web 6 with Jetty 9.3 (requiring Java8)
- use yajsw instead of tanuki
- refactoring of the guides (I will do it on Karaf 4 as well anyway)
- add karaf-boot there and base dev guide on this
- add bootstrapping feature (related to karaf-boot)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org