Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Will Hartung <wi...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/27 21:21:05 UTC

MacOS Big Sur 12.4 won't start.

NB 12.4 won't start on MacOS Big Sur.

It used to start. It used to work fine.

But I click on the icon on my Dock, and it bounces once and quits.

I double click the app in the Finder, it tries to launch and silently fails.

NB 12.2 launches fine.

How can I start NB, I guess from the command line, to see what it might be
complaining about. I didn't see any new files or changes under
/Applications, or /Library/Application Support that would suggest something
is being logged during the start up..

So, I'm kind of at an impasse for the moment.

Thanks,

Will Hartung

Re: MacOS Big Sur 12.4 won't start.

Posted by Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com>.
Glad to hear it!

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 5:11 PM Will Hartung <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I simply overinstalled it, and it started. So, something, somewhere got
> corrupted.
>
> It retained my plugins and such, so, all is well.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Regards,
>
> Will Hartung
>

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 4:30 PM Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Might also try removing both of these:
>>
>> ~/Library/Application Support/NetBeans/12.4
>> and
>> ~/Library/Caches/NetBeans/12.4
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 7:25 PM Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I had not installed 16 before now.  It seems to work OK.

>>> --
>>> Carl J. Mosca
>>>

>> --
>> Carl J. Mosca