Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bill Mulert <wd...@zygno.org> on 2003/03/22 19:50:00 UTC

Need a clue on custom error pages

I've been a Turbine user for just over a year, now using tdk-2.2, and
have been able to do almost anything I need to with the framework.
Except this.

Now I want to return proper error codes and error pages. I've looked
thru the mailing list archives and see other postings on the subject,
but no real answers. Yes, I know about data.setStatusCode(), but what
good does that do when the user asks for a non-existant page? When they
do that, none of my page classes run, so I have no opportunity to
intercept the error and set a 404 status code.

Thus I query the collective knowledge of my fellow Turbine users:
How may I properly use the framework to return custom error pages with
associated http error codes?

Re: Need a clue on custom error pages

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.
Bill

> How may I properly use the framework to return custom error pages with
> associated http error codes?

Here's a guess. In TurbineResources.template, set template.error and
screen.error to use your custom Velocity template and Java screen class.

Eric