Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2022/03/05 22:15:09 UTC

Github issues changes

Let's start with opening up "issues" on github:

Concretely:

GH issues -> issues@jena (new list)
GH pull requests -> pr@jena (current setup)
JIRA -> jira@ (new list)

then change .asf.yaml

dev@ becomes quieter and, hopefully, will give some space for project
discussions. The volume of JIRA on dev@ is possibly a bit off-putting.

Add this to .asf.yaml:

github:
   features:
     # Enable issue management
     issues: true

dependabot emails : I don't see anything in the documentation specific
to dependabot. It opens pull requests. There is a security dependabot
where alerts go to the github repo, and github account notifications and
also show up when you git push or do a PR (and are a member of the PMC).
No email but anyone active will see them quite quickly.

     Andy

Re: Github issues changes

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Done.

Github issues and github discussions are now live.

Re: Github issues changes

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
INFRA request

Re: Github issues changes

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Not quite so simple to separate "issues" and "discussions" ...

One feature of GH is that you can transfer an issue into a discussion
and create issues from discussions.

We have had a few question-by-JIRA this year.  That's not that helpful
because it isn't a place that others will search.

We do often get users@ email that report issues.

So add "enable discussion", which will need a lazy-consesnus vote --
INFRA ask for this because there isn't a stable API to it yet so it
isn't archived on non-github hardware.

     Andy