Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/05/31 18:04:47 UTC

Specifying multiple schema parameters to avoid predicate reports in Eyeball

Hello list,

As above, and actually I apologise if this is a trivial question, but say I wished to pass the following parameters to assume the schemas were being specified

jena.eyeball -check section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl -assume owl -assume dc-all -assume XYZ

Would it be possible to simplify the required parameters so something like

jena.eyeball -check section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl -assume owl, rdf, rdfs, dc etc etc etc? As my ontology includes various elements which flag up unwanted reports and repeating the -assume command may become a bit tiresome if there are 5 or so schemas to specify.

By the way thanks for all the previous help getting me up and running with Eyeball, I find it an extremely valuable tool for checking both the design and quality of my ontologies as well as writing schemas for them to comply with. In summary it is making me take a completely different stand on how I think about constructing my ontologies.

Thank you
Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

RE: Specifying multiple schema parameters to avoid predicate reports in Eyeball

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Thank you Chris
Posted by Chris Dollin <ch...@epimorphics.com>.

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Well I am able to use the GUI to pass the same parameters in a different method with less typing so I think this really solves the problem. I was aware of the GUI program but didn't try it out until the end when I had read the full documentation.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Posted by Chris Dollin <ch...@epimorphics.com>.
> Hello list,
>
> As above, and actually I apologise if this is a trivial question, but say
> I wished to pass the following parameters to assume the schemas
> were being specified
>
> jena.eyeball -check section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl -assume owl -assume dc-all -assume XYZ
>
> Would it be possible to simplify the required parameters so something like
>
> jena.eyeball -check section6energydomestic2010rdf.owl -assume owl, rdf, rdfs, dc etc etc etc?

-assume owl rdf rdfs dc etc etc

You can also write your own config file and use `-config yourfile`, if you've
a standard set of parameters you use. The details are in the manual;
if it's not clear let me know and I'll work to make it clearer.

I'm glad Eyeball is working out well for you.

Chris

--
RIP Diana Wynne Jones, 1934 - 2011.