Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Shafeek Hanif <sh...@amlaki.com> on 2003/04/29 05:50:52 UTC

Re:

hai

   we installed the appache2.0.45 ,latest one and tomcat 4.1 which runing in windows2000.we are facing one problem that ,when we open some "ARABIC" pages.it shows some weared characters instead of arabic. so what settings we have to change the apache compatible for ARABIc.

currently apache1.3 and tomcat3.2 is working it shows arabic very well. so pls give me a reply to solve this issue

bye
shafeek

Re:

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Shafeek Hanif wrote:

> we installed the appache2.0.45 ,latest one and tomcat 4.1 which runing in
> windows2000.we are facing one problem that ,when we open some "ARABIC"
> pages.it shows some weared characters instead of arabic. so what settings
> we have to change the apache compatible for ARABIc.
>
> currently apache1.3 and tomcat3.2 is working it shows arabic very well. so
> pls give me a reply to solve this issue

You're probably missing the appropriate charset config (e.g. AddCharset).
But this is, however, not a support forum. Please try
<http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users>

Thanks, nd
--
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween because
DEC 25 = OCT 31.  -- Unknown

                                      (found in ssl_engine_mutex.c)