Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2010/04/02 19:36:42 UTC

refused email...

Hi all,

Jayaram contacted me, because it appears his emails are getting denied.
Should I send a message to infra? Any other suggestions on how to handle this?

This is what Jayaram said he's getting:

-----------------------------
    derby-dev@db.apache.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 552 552 spam score (6.9) exceeded threshold
(state 18).
-------------------------------

Myrna

Re: refused email...

Posted by Tiago Espinha <ti...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I wouldn't be surprised. By default Google uses HTML. Choosing the plain text option should fix this.

Tiago

> Jayaram contacted me, because it appears his emails are getting denied.
> Should I send a message to infra? Any other suggestions on how to handle this?
>
> This is what Jayaram said he's getting:
>
> -----------------------------
>    derby-dev@db.apache.org
>

> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
> recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
> further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
> other server returned was: 552 552 spam score (6.9) exceeded threshold
> (state 18).
> -------------------------------
>
> Myrna

You could ask Jayaram for the header that shows the various spam scores
that make up the total (6.9). Often HTML-formatted email pushes the
score over the threshold. Also a combination of plain text and HTML will
push the score even higher.

regards,

-jean

Re: refused email...

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
> Thanks Jean,
>
> This is the error i am getting

Do you have an option that lets you view the full header?

For this post from you that succeeded just now (and to which I am
responding), the spam score is 1.8 and here is what I see in Thunderbird
when I choose the View -> Headers -> All option:

FREEMAIL_FROM 0.001, HTML_MESSAGE 0.001, SPF_PASS -0.001, BAYES_USED
user, SA_VERSION 3.3.0

so 1.8 is really good -- and your post made it through.

When a post fails, look at the header to see the individual scores.

regards,

 -jean

Re: refused email...

Re: refused email...