Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pablo <pa...@dattatec.com> on 2012/03/20 16:15:38 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_fcgid 2.3.6 not loading with Apache 2.4

Hello,

     I have compiled Apache 2.4.1 with mod_fcgid-2.3.6 under CenOS 5.6
without problem (latest versions on website). After installation (make
install) i try to load mod_fcgid from this line in httpd.conf:

     LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so

After this, I run the command './bin/apachectl -k start' and get this error.

httpd: Syntax error on line 92 of /opt/apache24/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /opt/apache24/modules/mod_fcgid.so into server:
/opt/apache24/modules/mod_fcgid.so: undefined symbol: ap_unixd_setup_child

The most relevant information that I found about this error is here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/4215 ===> "unixd forking removed
in r13200 <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/changeset/13200>"

Means this that mod_fcgid 2.3.6 is not more compatible with Apache 2.4
or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_fcgid 2.3.6 not loading with Apache 2.4

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 3/20/2012 10:15 AM, Pablo wrote:

>     I have compiled Apache 2.4.1 with mod_fcgid-2.3.6 under CenOS 5.6 without problem
> (latest versions on website).

2.4 arrived after fcgid 2.3.6 was published.  The code in subversion should
be correct, I think.  If you have a subversion client, you can check it out
from here, trunk is at 2.3.7-dev and soon to be tagged;

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk/