Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jagdip Singh <jx...@cs.rit.edu> on 2003/07/03 19:03:05 UTC

What could be the table structure

Hi,
I am new to this mailing list. I am thinking of designing search tool
for my web site which has documents (PDF's, DOC, PPT) and HTML, XML
pages of course.
I want to design basic search engine which can auto index when new item
is added and give search results for all including documents and HTML
pages. I want to use SQL Server to store index pages and so confused
about what should be the table structure to make search engine with
Lucene.
Please reply if somebody did similar work earlier using SQL Server to
store index pages or documents
How should I represent output page having search results. Can I get
source code of someone's personal search engine using Lucene just to get
help to develop for my own personal web page?

Sorry if I wrote something wrong as I am new to this list.

Thanks,
Jagdip

RE: Maybe a stupid question?

Posted by Aviran Mordo <am...@infosciences.com>.
You can add as many fields with the same name as your heart desire on
the same document. This will give you multiple values

Aviran

RE: What could be the table structure

Posted by Jagdip Singh <jx...@cs.rit.edu>.
Thanks Anthony

I wrote a Directory implementation which allows you to store indeces in
a database.  Currently I have only tested it on MySQL but you should be
able to get it to work on SQL Server I imagine.  If you do then please
send me a copy of the DB schema to add in.  If you can't get it to work
then please send an email and I'll try to help you out.

Download:

   http://www.anthonyeden.com/download/lucene-dbdirectory-1.0.tar.gz
   http://www.anthonyeden.com/download/lucene-dbdirectory-1.0.zip

Sincerely,