Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Nick <ni...@krylatskoe.com> on 2004/09/08 04:07:37 UTC

Re[2]: bug! make install can't find ThreadMutex.pm (in BuildMM.pm)

>> make is looking for:
>> blib/lib/Apache2/APR/ThreadMutex.pm
>>
>> while it has to look for it in:
>> blib/lib/Apache2/APR/ThreadMutex/ThreadMutex.pm
>>
>> After I've copied files from ThreadMutex dir to ../, the gmake install
>> finished successfully. I believe it's a bug to fix.

SB> Any idea why on your FreeBSD it ends up in
SB> blib/lib/Apache2/APR/ThreadMutex/ThreadMutex.pm? This is a wrong location.
SB> On my machine (Linux) it's blib/lib/Apache2/APR/ThreadMutex.pm.
Don't know, I've just decompressed the tarball...

SB> I think Carl has mentioned this problem before, care to find out the cause?

SB> Please do:
SB> % grep ThreadMutex.pm WrapXS/APR/ThreadMutex/Makefile

SB> On my machine it's:

SB> TO_INST_PM = ThreadMutex.pm
SB> PM_TO_BLIB = ThreadMutex.pm \
SB>          $(INST_LIB)/APR/ThreadMutex.pm
SB>          $(RM_F)  $(MAKEFILE_OLD) $(FIRST_MAKEFILE)
SB> $(INST_LIB)/APR/ThreadMutex.pm
SB>            ThreadMutex.pm $(INST_LIB)/APR/ThreadMutex.pm

-bash-2.05b$ cd mod_perl-1.99_16/blib/lib/Apache2/APR
-bash-2.05b$ grep ThreadMutex.pm WrapXS/APR/ThreadMutex/Makefile
grep: WrapXS/APR/ThreadMutex/Makefile: No such file or directory

--
Best regards,
 Nick                          mailto:nick@krylatskoe.com