Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by George Armhold <ar...@cs.rutgers.edu> on 2003/10/21 11:16:09 UTC

possible synchronization issue in RunnableQueue.java

Hi,

I'm not a Java threads expert, but I think there might be a
synchronization issue in RunnableQueue.java.  While debugging my own
threading problem, I noticed that the runnableQueueThread variable is
only ever modified in a synchronized block, but it is ACCESSED in
non-synchronized methods throughout that class.  Without understanding
all the issues, my naive suggestion would be to make getThread()
synchronized, and replace the internal references to
runnableQueueThread with calls to this method.

George Armhold
Rutgers University
eLearning Grant, DCIS