Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/03/25 16:23:58 UTC

treeprocessor question

Is it currently possible to write a sitemap without the <map:components>
element alltogether and let it inherit everything from the above sitemap?

If not, why?

If so, there are issues with this?

TIA

Stefano.

Re: treeprocessor question

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote, On 25/03/2003 17.24:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> is error-handling inherited?
>
> Yes
>> if so, are there any drawbacks?
>
> Drawbacks ? No that I'm aware of... ;-)

AFAIK and from use cases I've seen it's a welcome feature; it's quite
common to keep it only in the main sitemap and redefine it in special cases.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: treeprocessor question

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Is it currently possible to write a sitemap without the
> <map:components> element alltogether and let it inherit everything
> from the above sitemap?

Yes. This is taken care of in SitemapLanguage.java

> If not, why?
>
> If so, there are issues with this?

Issues ? No that I'm aware of...

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> is error-handling inherited?

Yes : if a <map:pipeline> has no <map:handle-errors>, exceptions are
propagated to the parent sitemap, and so on up to CocoonServlet.

> if not, why?
>
> if so, are there any drawbacks?

Drawbacks ? No that I'm aware of... ;-)

Mmmh... you're in "telegraphic mode", today ;-P

Sylvain