Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2005/03/01 12:49:39 UTC

Re: rivet compile error

Ben Thomasson <be...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi, sorry for the slow answer, but I was at FOSDEM, and am catching up
today...

> I get the following error when trying to make rivet.  I have tried
> several versions they all produce this error.  I am probably missing
> something basic. Can you give me some suggestions on what I need to
> make this compile?

Ok:

Suggestion 1) Try the CVS version, where we are in the process of
moving to regular old auto* tools.  It 'works for me' at this point,
but we need more people to test it out.

> >tclsh make.tcl
> mod_rivet.so built - now run make.tcl install to complete installation.
> apache_multipart_buffer.o       -> Command (sh): gcc -pipe -g -O2
> -Wall -Wno-imp licit-int -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC
> -I/usr/local/apache2/include -I/usr/local/i nclude  -DTCL_THREADED=0

There is a space in 'i nclude'...

> -c apache_multipart_buffer.c
> Error: In file included from apache_multipart_buffer.h:4,
>                  from apache_multipart_buffer.c:59:
> apache_request.h:38: syntax error before "table"

This is indicative that it hasn't found the apache header files.
Where are they located in your installation?

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Apache, Linux, Tcl Consulting