Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hoa Doan <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/20 17:28:04 UTC

Custom error page on Tomcat 6

How do I set up a custom error page in Tomcat 6?

---------------------------------
Never miss an email again!

Re: Custom error page on Tomcat 6

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/misc.html#error

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/

check out GlobalErrorReportValve

Filip

Posted by Peter Kennard <pe...@livingwork.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Peter Kennard [mailto:peterk@livingwork.com]
> Subject: Re: Custom error page on Tomcat 6
>
> Can one make a class that spits out the error page that recieves the
> "code number" as input, (and/or maybe an Exception handle if the
> servelet threw an exception which caused the error) and an
> OutputStream to write back to the requester on?

Have you read the servlet spec?  This is covered in section 9.9:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr154/index.html

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Custom error page on Tomcat 6

Posted by Peter Kennard <pe...@livingwork.com>.
A refinement on this question I am interested in, that isn't so googleable :)

Can one make a class that spits out the error page that recieves the
"code number" as input, (and/or maybe an Exception handle if the
servelet threw an exception which caused the error) and an
OutputStream to write back to the requester on?

That would be really really nice, and totally genrally customizable :)
PK