Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Peter Most <Pe...@gmx.de> on 2009/08/17 17:13:52 UTC

Submitting patches

Hi everybody,

I would like to contribute a patch which extends the LogLog class with
setOut() and setErr() methods to more easily redirect the output (maybe via LoggingOutputStream). But I wasn't able to find information of how to submit patches.

Do I simply open a bug report and attach the patch there?
I'm assuming I have to make the patch against the latest trunk?
Are patches even accepted/applied considering the age of the project?

Thanks for any help!

Regards Peter