Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Topping <to...@digidemic.com> on 2003/03/02 02:41:05 UTC

Whoops! RE: ValidatorUtil.getActionError (RE: [Validator] Anyone have a fields match rule?)

Whoops, found it!

For those of you looking, the validateTwoFields example code should be:

    public static boolean validateTwoFields(
        Object bean,
        ValidatorAction va,
        Field field,
        ActionErrors errors,
        HttpServletRequest request,
        ServletContext application) {

        String value = ValidatorUtil.getValueAsString(
            bean,
            field.getProperty());
        String sProperty2 = field.getVarValue("secondProperty");
        String value2 = ValidatorUtil.getValueAsString(
            bean,
            sProperty2);

        if (!GenericValidator.isBlankOrNull(value)) {
           try {
              if (!value.equals(value2)) {
                 errors.add(field.getKey(),
                         Resources.getActionError(request, va, field));

                 return false;
              }
           } catch (Exception e) {
                 errors.add(field.getKey(),
                         Resources.getActionError(request, va, field));
                 return false;
           }
        }

        return true;