Posted to commits@beehive.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/06/14 19:35:48 UTC

[Beehive Wiki] Update of "WishList" by JeremiahJohnson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Beehive Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeremiahJohnson:
http://wiki.apache.org/beehive/WishList

The comment on the change is:
Added 'Dynamic Updates of Data' - I think that falls within the scope of wishes.

  A JSP page should be able to specify the package that it is in.  For example, a JSP page may be www.somecompany.com/coolapp/somepage.jsp and it seems reasonable that a developer would like to use com.somecompany.coolapp for the Controller package.

+ = Dynamic Updates of Data =
+
+ [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-276 BEEHIVE-276] was the start of this feature request.  Trees use the XML HTTP Request in some cases to get some details from the server, but it is only after a user action.  I would like to see an option on tree and data grid tags to poll their state on the server so they may be dynamically updated.  The polling should be async and it would be nice to have a configurable timer value.
+