Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "very.sad.developer" <ve...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/02 23:19:02 UTC

Why my model doesn't refresh

Hello everyone,

I don't know why my model doesn't refresh in this example:
(maven project created from wicket
quickstart:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1280777/myproject.zip)

wicket version: *6.0.0-beta2*

*LoginPage.java*

import org.apache.wicket.Component;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WebPage;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Button;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.StatelessForm;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.TextField;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.FeedbackPanel;
import org.apache.wicket.model.PropertyModel;

public class LoginPage extends WebPage{

	private UserLoginRequest userLoginRequest = new UserLoginRequest();

	public LoginPage() {
		add(createLoginForm());
		add(createFeebackPanel());

	}

	private Component createFeebackPanel() {
		return new FeedbackPanel("feedbackPanel");
	}

	private Component createLoginForm() {

		final TextField<String> login = new TextField<String>("login",
PropertyModel.<String>of(this, "userLoginRequest.username"));
		login.setRequired(true);

		final TextField<String> password = new TextField<String>("password",
PropertyModel.<String>of(this, "userLoginRequest.username"));
		password.setRequired(true);

		StatelessForm<Void> statelessForm = new StatelessForm<Void>("loginForm"){
			@Override
			protected void onSubmit() {

				String user = userLoginRequest.getUsername();
				String password = userLoginRequest.getPassword();

				if ((null == user) || (password == null)) {
					throw new RuntimeException("Why models didn't refresh when put correct
values into inputs");
				}
			}
		};

		statelessForm.add(login);
		statelessForm.add(password);

		statelessForm.add(new Button("submitForm"));
		return statelessForm;
	}
}
class UserLoginRequest implements java.io.Serializable{

	private String username;
	private String password;

	public String getUsername() {
		return username;
	}
	public void setUsername(String username) {
		this.username = username;
	}
	public String getPassword() {
		return password;
	}
	public void setPassword(String password) {
		this.password = password;
	}

	public void cleanPassword(){
		password = null;
	}
}

*html:*
<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Apache Wicket Quickstart</title>
<link

href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Yanone+Kaffeesatz:regular,bold'
	rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" media="screen"
	title="Stylesheet" />
</head>

	<form wicket:id="loginForm">
		Login<input type="text" value="" wicket:id="login" /> <br />
		Password<input type="text" value="" wicket:id="password" /> <br />
	</form>

Re: Why my model doesn't refresh

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:19 PM, very.sad.developer
<ve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I don't know why my model doesn't refresh in this example:
> (maven project created from wicket
> quickstart:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1280777/myproject.zip)
>
> wicket version: *6.0.0-beta2*
>

> *LoginPage.java*
>
> import org.apache.wicket.Component;
> import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WebPage;
> import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Button;
> import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.StatelessForm;
> import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.TextField;
> import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.FeedbackPanel;
> import org.apache.wicket.model.PropertyModel;
>
> public class LoginPage extends WebPage{
>

>         private UserLoginRequest userLoginRequest = new UserLoginRequest();
>
>         public LoginPage() {
>                 add(createLoginForm());
>                 add(createFeebackPanel());
>
>         }
>
>         private Component createFeebackPanel() {
>                 return new FeedbackPanel("feedbackPanel");
>         }
>
>         private Component createLoginForm() {
>

>                 final TextField<String> login = new TextField<String>("login",
> PropertyModel.<String>of(this, "userLoginRequest.username"));
>                 login.setRequired(true);
>

>                 final TextField<String> password = new TextField<String>("password",
> PropertyModel.<String>of(this, "userLoginRequest.username"));

I guess you need the password field, not the username ^^^

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Why my model doesn't refresh

Posted by "very.sad.developer" <ve...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for fast answer,

Yes, there should be used PasswordTextField, but for showing problem I
simplify the boring part :).After done this quickstart (this is part of
bigger application) my models suddently start to refresh. I check my
configuration and now I suspect JRebel for my last problems.

Are you using JRebel with wicket? Do you faced any problems when you use
this tool with wicket?