Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "KIND,LANCE (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <la...@hp.com> on 2001/05/31 23:08:30 UTC

WSDL Proxy generator

Hello axis-devs,

I wanted to follow up the IRC announcement I made about contributing WSDL
proxy generation code to axis.  We have a tool called ProxyGen in HPSOAP
that we are currently adding functionality to understand some of the other
uses of WSDL.

The HP muckety mucks want someone to keep abreast of where axis is going and
want an engineer to work part time in this area.  In that regard, I want to
help you folks out where I can.

Now Glen mentioned something about IBM is working on such a tool that they
may contribute too.  If that is the case, then I could spend my efforts
elsewhere on axis development.  Where we are currently enhancing our tool to
be more flexible, to make it understand more forms of legal WSDL.  This is
taking place by the SOAP dev team for the next couple of weeks.  It seems
ideal to branch the ProxyGen code after that work is done, and make the
necessary modifications so that it uses org.apache.axis.client.HTTPClient
(if that makes sense) instead of the HP client and remove the dependencies
from the rest of the HP code base.  I imagine we are looking at contributing
the source in early July.

Does that sound like something useful to the Axis project?

==>Lancer---

Re: WSDL Proxy generator

Posted by Rob Jellinghaus <ro...@unrealities.com>.
My $0.02:

YES!!!  Very very useful!

I would love to see a preview of the source (as I mentioned in IRC), but in
general, yes, some WSDL proxy generation code would be wonderful.

Will you be doing wsdl2java only, or also some amount of java2wsdl?

Cheers!
Rob

At 05:08 PM 5/31/2001 -0400, KIND,LANCE (HP-FtCollins,ex1) wrote:
>Hello axis-devs,
>
>I wanted to follow up the IRC announcement I made about contributing WSDL
>proxy generation code to axis.  We have a tool called ProxyGen in HPSOAP
>that we are currently adding functionality to understand some of the other
>uses of WSDL.
>
>The HP muckety mucks want someone to keep abreast of where axis is going and
>want an engineer to work part time in this area.  In that regard, I want to
>help you folks out where I can.
>
>Now Glen mentioned something about IBM is working on such a tool that they
>may contribute too.  If that is the case, then I could spend my efforts
>elsewhere on axis development.  Where we are currently enhancing our tool to
>be more flexible, to make it understand more forms of legal WSDL.  This is
>taking place by the SOAP dev team for the next couple of weeks.  It seems
>ideal to branch the ProxyGen code after that work is done, and make the
>necessary modifications so that it uses org.apache.axis.client.HTTPClient
>(if that makes sense) instead of the HP client and remove the dependencies
>from the rest of the HP code base.  I imagine we are looking at contributing
>the source in early July.
>
>Does that sound like something useful to the Axis project?
>
>==>Lancer---
>

>Attachment Converted: "d:\robj\eudora\attach\KIND,LANCE
(HP-FtCollins,ex1).vcf"