Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/28 23:41:37 UTC

Does gpg plugin work properly with gpg 2.0.12, the use of which is specified by apache?

Recently I followed the apache advice to update my code signing key to
4096 bits, see http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html  As part of that
effort I installed MacGPG2-2.0.12 as the most likely version of gpg
2.0.12 for a mac.  Although documentation seems a bit sparse I think I
started the gpg agent as well.

Running a release I see a message at every signing opportunity

gpg: WARNING: "--no-use-agent" is an obsolete option - it has no effect

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "David Jencks (CODE SIGNING KEY) <dj...@apache.org>"
4096-bit RSA key, ID A2F9E313, created 2009-11-25

and every hour or so (??) a dialog box pops up for me to supply the
passphrase  (it was a long build).  This never happened before I
updated gpg, the passphrase in my settings.xml was used.

We are using the apache 6 parent pom which specifies the 1.0-alpha-4
version of this plugin.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Does gpg plugin work properly with gpg 2.0.12, the use of which is specified by apache?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Not sure what is happening here, but I was able to use a new key (generated with gpg2) to sign a release recently using gpg. For me, gpg is 1.4.9 and gpg2 is 2.0.12 (different command line arguments)