Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/11 09:54:53 UTC

time to use maven 2.2.1 for G2.1.5 daily build

Hi Jarek,
Could you help update the scripts?

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: time to use maven 2.2.1 for G2.1.5 daily build

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kevan,
This is my first time to be a release manager. IMHO, the new process can
make things easier and 2.2 has move to use the new process, hence I think it
should be worth to do so..

Currently, I am still putting some efforts on making the version numbers
right after release:prepare as David did for 2.2. Hope my work can make this
job faster in the next 2.1 release.

-Rex

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
The upload to Nexus doesn't use scp - it uses https.

There is a Maven 2.0.11 out. Have you checked if the "bugs" are fixed there?

If you want to include enforcer settings in the staging and release
profiles to require 2.2.1 for those two, where artifacts are being
signed and uploaded, then I'd be okay with that, but I don't want to
require normal users who want to build and test patches to upgrade to
2.2.1, as that could cause some users problems if they are using Maven
integration in Eclipse or a third-party IDE based on Eclipse that
doesn't have the latest Eclipse plugins available.

-Donald

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
hi, Donald, in

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 11, 2010, at 3:54 AM, Rex Wang wrote:

> Hi Jarek,
> Could you help update the scripts?

I'm curious why?

--kevan