Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/22 15:36:53 UTC

Spring 3.0.0 supports in Camel

Hi,

I just committed a spring-3.0 profile in trunk/parent/pom.xml.
You can build the camel with spring 3.0.0 by using -Pspring-3.0
I just run some test in camel-core , camel-spring and camel-jms.
There about 4~5 tests are failed in camel-spring, and lots of tests
failed in camel-jms.

For the camel-spring-configure, as the spring java configure is a part
of spring framework, lots changes there, we need to do change the
camel-spring-configure code.
So we can't support spring 3.0 and spring 2.x at the same time in
camel-spring-configure.

For camel-spring-integration, it can run with spring 3.0 and spring 2.x
and the same time.

Any thought?

Willem

Re: Spring 3.0.0 supports in Camel

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi,

I would also prefer if camel could stay on spring 2.5.x for a while.
It would be great though if it was already compatible to 3.0 so people
who want to switch can do this.

Greetings

Christian

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
+1 on staying at Spring 2.5 for now.
Hadrian

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, we can do that by excluding the spring jars from camel-spring
which camel-spring-javaconfig depends on.
I will commit a quick fix shortly.

Willem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Oh , you are using spring-test annotation in camel-bindy, it is not the
same thing with the camel-spring-config.
The camel-bindy tests will not be effected.

Willem

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Willem,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just search the camel JIRA, and didn't find any JIRA for Spring 3.0.0.
Charles, I think you can create a new one for it :)

Willem

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
yep.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.