Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by simone sguazza <si...@hotmail.com> on 2017/07/03 09:55:03 UTC

Problem to deploy of flink program in cluster

Hi, I'm a student and I using flink v1.2.1 to develop a workflow to analyze data coming from kafka v0.10.

At the moment everything work fine, from eclipse I can export the runnable jar with dependencies and with "sudo java -jar flinkApp.jar" I can run the flink application on ubuntu server.

Until here all ok.

I configured flink to be in High Avaliabity mode, it's start correcly.

When I try to export with maven, it create a fat jar, i launch that with "sudo bin/flink run flinkApp.jar". It's work and on the dashboard I can the see the job is running. The problem is that is not receive a single data from kafka. The cuorious thing is that only when I export the jar in order to run in cluster mode I've this problem, whereas I export a runnable jar everything work fine.

I put in attachment three files:

- webUI_producer: it shows the flink dashboard with my kafka producer

- problemFlinkCluster: it shows the ubuntu server where my flink application run. The top left square is zookeeper (from kafka), the bottom left is the flink program running with "sudo java -jar flinkapp.jar" and the right most column is the execution of flink app with "sudo bin/flink run appFlink.jar". You can see The flink application start and than do nothing more.

- the pom.xml

I think the problem is in the pom.xml but I don't know where.

Best regards, simone

Re: Problem to deploy of flink program in cluster

Posted by 郭健 <gu...@immomo.com>.
Hi Simone,

the output of your app is on the task manager in cluster mode, not in client side.

发自我的 iPad

在 2017年7月3日,23:12,simone sguazza <si...@hotmail.com>> 写道:

[...]

<pom.xml>

Re: Problem to deploy of flink program in cluster

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi Simone,

Is the job actually running? Or did it fail with some exception? If it failed, there should be some error message in the JM logs.
Could you take a look at that and see if it hints anything?

Cheers,
Gordon

On 4 July 2017 at 3:35:07 PM, simone sguazza (simone-sguazza@hotmail.com) wrote:

Hi, below you can find my mail and my problem before the my subscribe to mailing list.

simone

Posted by simone sguazza <si...@hotmail.com>.