Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk> on 2004/12/14 14:09:13 UTC

DeferredDocumentImpl?

I wonder if anyone can help. When debugging, I seem to get strange
behaviour with XercesJ 2.6.2 - the debugger gives a DeferredDocumentImpl
after parsing an XML file and everything in it is null. It seems to get
populated as you do things on it, such as getNodeName/getNodeValue etc.
For instance, after parsing, DeferredDocumentImpl.firstChild is sometimes
null, or points to a structure full of nulls. After calling
getNodeName/getNodeValue on the root node, firstChild is populated.
What's the difference between DeferredDocumentImpl and DocumentImpl? Does
this have anything to do with it?
thanks for any help,
Alistair

--