Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Luca Ventura <ve...@libero.it> on 2002/06/28 10:35:15 UTC

HELP! iSaSiLk 3.04 and Tomcat4

Hello everybody!

I have the following problem....

I have installed Apache Tomcat 4 (as Web Server) on a Windows XP machine.
Then I have
written a servlet that use IAIK's iSaSiLk 3.04 APIs to open https
connections
(you can find iSaSiLk at:
http://jcewww.iaik.tu-graz.ac.at/products/index.php).

The problem is that when my servlet tries to connect to a secure site (like
"https://jcewww.iaik.at/")
I receive a strange error:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl

In attach you find a snapshot with the detailed descriprion of the error
(note that
https.Https is the class I have written to open https connections).

The code that I have written (in the https.Https class used by the servlet)
to open https connections is:

import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import iaik.security.ssl.*;
import iaik.protocol.https.*;

..
      String urlString = "https://jcewww.iaik.at/";
      URL url = new URL(urlString);
      HttpsURLConnection con = (HttpsURLConnection)url.openConnection();
      SSLContext context = new SSLClientContext();
  	con.setSSLContext(context);
      con.setRequestMethod("POST");
      con.setDoInput(inviaInput);
      con.setDoOutput(true);

I receive the "java.lang.ClassCastException" at the moment to execute the
statement:
HttpsURLConnection con = (HttpsURLConnection)url.openConnection();

I want to point out that I have put
"iaik_jce_full.jar","iaik_ssl.jar","w3c_http.jar" in the WEB-INF/lib folder
of my application.

The strange thing is that if I tried to execute my https connection using
the same IAIK's libraries
but from a Java stand-alone program (that is to say without using the Web
Server and the servlet)
all works fine. I am afraid that there is some library installed in my Web
Server that has some conflict with iSaSiLk 3.04 APIs.

What do you think about?

Is there someone can help me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

                                  Luca