Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by cd...@apache.org on 2005/04/18 20:06:02 UTC

Re: CVS Head build trouble

Hi,

I'm starting to work on an up-to-date autoconf build system for log4cxx.
I see in the cvs a patch for apr-1.1.0 : is this patch necessary with
apr-1.1.1 which have been released recently ?

Regards,

Christophe

Re: CVS Head build trouble

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@houston.rr.com>.
Some patches fix problems that prevent compilation with compilers that
we want to support (such as Borland C++) that have not been of concern
to APR.  I'm hoping that I can get them integrated into the APR
Subversion HEAD, but they haven't been.  APR 1.1.1 wasn't a time to
force the issue since it was a back-port of certain critical issues
from the HEAD back to the APR 1.1.x branch.

Other patches did some fairly radical surgery to apr-iconv, however I
expect to abandon them since I expect to abandon apr-iconv.

For right now, I would just ignore the patches in the autoconf build
since autoconf doesn't attempt to drive any of the compilers that have
issues with the unmodified APR code and eventually the patches will be
integrated.