Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Vikram Uparkar <vi...@mphasis.com> on 2002/06/29 14:20:38 UTC

Stackoverflow exception using nodeset in xsltc translet

Hi,
   I am using XSLTC to transform an xml doc. The translet class requires an extra dynamically 	generated xml nodeset as a parameter. The parameter being set is of type DOMAdapter created 	using the makeDOMAdapter method in this translet and the nodeset extension function is used 	to convert the parameter to nodeset in the xsl file

   But when i invoke the transform method on this translet now i get a
     stack overflow exception The Translet executes alright if this parameter value is hardcoded
     in the xsl:param as a xml fragment
   what am i doing wrong

   have attached a part of the stacktrace

java.lang.StackOverflowError
	at java.util.Stack.peek(Stack.java:83)
	at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.runtime.TextOutput.lookupNamespace(TextOutput.java:1083)
	at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.runtime.TextOutput.getNamespaceURI(TextOutput.java:778)
	at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.runtime.TextOutput.closeStartTag(TextOutput.java:271)
	at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.runtime.TextOutput.characters(TextOutput.java:398)
	at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.runtime.TextOutput.characters(TextOutput.java:340)
	at com.chase.ccs.presentation.xsl.web.col.GenerateSLRequest.applyTemplates()
	at com.chase.ccs.presentation.xsl.web.col.GenerateSLRequest.applyTemplates()
	... multiple calls to applytemplates before this

   regards
   --vikram

Re: Stackoverflow exception using nodeset in xsltc translet

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@sun.com>.
Vikram:

 Please try the latest version of XSLTC available from Apache. The class
org.apache.xalan.xsltc.runtime.TextOutput is now deprecated. If getting the
latest version does not fix your problem, you can file a bug here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/index.html

 Thanks.

--
Santiago Pericas-Geertsen