Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com> on 2013/02/11 16:26:14 UTC

ApacheCon North America

Hi All

It's now about 2 weeks until ApacheCon North America, which is taking
place Sunday 24th Feb - Thursday 28th in Portland. Quite a few people
from our project will be there, and we'd love to see you all!

If you haven't already registered for the conference, then we've some
good news - we've managed to snag a 20% discount for you! To register
with the 20% off, use code PMC or the link
http://acna13.eventbrite.com/?discount=PMC

To see what the talks are, including the ones relating to Cassandra,
please see the schedule -http://na.apachecon.com/schedule/

Would you like to get more involved in the project?  A number of
people will be at the (Free!) Hackathon on the Monday. Ours will focus
on CQL drivers, but if you would like to learn more about
contributing, get some mentoring on a patch, or help collaborate on
some fixes, then by all means come join us.  If you'd like to come,
whether you can make it to the main conference or not, the details are
on the ApacheCon wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/HackathonNA13

Also talking of free, there will be a BarCamp on the Sunday. This is
open to everyone, Portland natives and conference-goers alike, and
should be a great chance to share new ideas and learn about existing +
upcoming projects. To sign up to come to that, or learn more, it's
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BarCampApachePortland

Hopefully see some of you in Portland in a few weeks!
---------------------------------------

Thanks

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu

Re: ApacheCon North America

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
I'll be there from the evening on the Wednesday 27th to Friday 1st midday.

Talking on Thursday afternoon about C* internals.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand