Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James Lawton <ja...@tofinosoftware.com> on 2011/02/11 00:54:48 UTC

Binary logging problems

Hi,

Ofbiz is running fine on my machine with MySQL and no replication.

It used to run fine on our soon to be production machine with no
replication.

Now that replication is turned on for all databases on the machine - other
databases besides Ofbiz as well - get a ton of errors when starting Ofbiz to
the effect that binary logging is not being handled, CPU maxes out at 100%
and grinds the server.

tons of messages like this:
(Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in
InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT')). Rolling back transaction.

We really need replication for our DR and I am hoping that there is a nifty
configuration fix for this.

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks
James

Re: Binary logging problems

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi James,

I haven't had to do it myself so can't comment much.

But have you looked at the discussion at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-replication-issues.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-replication-issues.html
?

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Re: Binary logging problems

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
By the way, the MySql timestamp issue has a workaround in OFBiz. If you
change the timestamp field's sql-type to CHAR(30), the entity engine
will convert timestamps from/to CHAR field types.

-Adrian

Re: Binary logging problems

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Maybe this?