Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com> on 2016/10/25 00:32:17 UTC

Related Search

Hi all,

There is an issue 'Create a Related Search Component' which has been
open for some years now.

It has a priority: major.

I discovered it linked from Lucidwork's very useful blog on ecommerce:

https://lucidworks.com/blog/2011/01/25/implementing-the-ecommerce-checklist-with-apache-solr-and-lucidworks/

Did people find a better way to accomplish Related Search? Perhaps MLT
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThis ?

cheers -- Rick

Re: Related Search

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Rick:

The priority isn't particularly helpful for two reasons:

1> it's the default so often gets set without intent.
2> what the originator thinks of as major may or may not translate
into someone actually doing work on it.

In this case there's a lot of work that'd need to be done. "some
model" just begs for clarification. In this case it might be a major
feature, but nobody's felt the need or had the time to put into making
it a reality. This is really just a topic for conversation at this
point....

Best,
Erick

Re: Related Search

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hi Rick,

I typically do this stuff just by searching a different collection that I
create offline by analyzing query logs and then indexing them and searching.