Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by uygaryuzsuren <uy...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 16:08:27 UTC

Hiding class attributes in wsdl

Hi all,

I am currently working on a web service application and I use axis2. For
creating my web service, I use Eclipse and it creates the service from an
ordinary class which I already created. Everything works fine till now.

My problem is that I don't want some of the properties of the data classes
to be seen by the proxy generators which will use my service. For example, I
have data class called Person:

Person
-id
-name
-citizenid

I use this data class internally as a persistence entity and I also use it
for web service clients. But, in fact I don't want the clients to see the
citizenid field when they create their proxies.

Is it possible to use an annotation system or a similar configuration method
to hide some class properties from the web service clients?

Thanks a lot.