Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morlando <lu...@b-k.it> on 2004/12/03 12:36:03 UTC

providing a WebService

Hi there...
We're struggling against Cocoon in the try of providing a WebService
(SOAP) out of the
result of a pipeline which already produces XML.
The documentation on this part lacks almost completely.
Does anyone of you have a suggestion or a working example ?
Or point us where to look better because it's already been discussed
in...... and we
didn't find it ?
Thank you very much for any advice on this.

Re: providing a WebService

Posted by Jan Hinzmann <ja...@geeksonly.de>.
Hi, although this is some time ago, i just wanted to let you know, that i have
achieved this task. I did some documentation in the wiki at:

     http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WebServiceServer

and you maybe want to review it. I will complete the documentation, when I'm
done with my thesiswriting (in which i use cocoon :)).

and btw ANY comments are welcome!

Luca Morlando wrote:
> Thank you very much, Nick.
>
> Now I'm scratching my head on this one:
> When I try to connect to the service I receive:
> java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL ...
> Thank you very much for any advice on this.
> Luca
>

> Nick Goupinets wrote:
>
>> Hey Luca,
>>
>> I don't know if this will help, as you have probably read it already:
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109862270100002&r=1&w=2
>>
>> Read the whole thread, and pay special attention to:
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=109871573620372&w=2
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Nick.
>>

>> Luca Morlando wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there...
>>> We're struggling against Cocoon in the try of providing a WebService
>>> (SOAP) out of the
>>> result of a pipeline which already produces XML.
>>> The documentation on this part lacks almost completely.
>>> Does anyone of you have a suggestion or a working example ?
>>> Or point us where to look better because it's already been discussed
>>> in...... and we
>>> didn't find it ?
>>> Thank you very much for any advice on this.

Gruss, Jan Hinzmann

Re: providing a WebService

Posted by Luca Morlando <lu...@b-k.it>.
Thank you very much, Nick.