Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lev Assinovsky <le...@peterlink.ru> on 2002/03/04 11:23:48 UTC

DataSource connection pool problems :(

Hi there!
I give up!
I can't set up DataSource connection pool.
The related piece in server.xml looks as following:

          <Resource name="lev/DataSource" auth="Container"
                    type="javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource"/>
          <ResourceParams name="lev/DataSource">

          </ResourceParams>

With the code above I successfully get DataSource but not sure the
connection pool works.
I request the connection in the top of jsp and close it at the bottom.
And I see (using netstat -a) new connection every time.

HOW CAN I PASS POOL LIMITS (min, max) to the resource above?
Who is responsible for pool management - tyrex.* or mysql?

I use Linux and Tomcat 4.0.1.

Any help will  be appreciated!

Lev Assinovsky                Peterlink Web
Programmer                    St. Petersburg, Russia
Tel/Fax: +7 812 3275343       197022 ul.Chapigina 7Á
E-mail: lev@peterlink.ru