Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2017/02/13 14:05:06 UTC

Status of Apache NetBeans process

Hi all,

We had another meeting today (we now have a cadence whereby we meet every
Monday afternoon, 'we' being myself, Jaroslav Tulach, and others from
Oracle who are systematically going through all the repositories we will be
donating to ensure we're able to donate that which we want to donate).

To keep track of where things are at, see the section entitled "Proposed
NetBeans Incubation Milestones" at the end of this page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Transition

I.e., after going through three of the smallest repositories, we're now
going through the largest repository (i.e., 'releases', which is all the
code of the releases of NetBeans IDE) to make sure everything is ready for
the donation, e.g., checking for missing copyright notices, picking up
things that cannot be donated and finding workarounds for them.

In the 'releases' repository, we've now worked through amongst others the
important 'platform' cluster and are now beginning with amongst others the
'ide' cluster. See the page above and the order in which we're working
through things. End of February 2017 is the ETA for the main part of
NetBeans IDE, i.e., 5d in the page above.

Ideally we'd like to do one complete donation, rather than multiple smaller
ones, though we'll see how things go, i.e., where we'll be during March
2017.

From my end, the part I am most interested in -- outside the above process
-- is the filling out of netbeans.apache.org, i.e., when Chris has put up
instructions for how to check out netbeans.apache.org, we'll work on a
structure together enabling transfer of tutorials and other content from
netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org.

Thanks all,

Gj

Aw: Status of Apache NetBeans process

Posted by Christian Lenz <Ch...@gmx.net>.
I'm also planning to convert the page to a CMS which is very lightweight but also powerfull. It is called PicoCMS: http://picocms.org/ because it brings file handling with it, I don't need to build the whole infrastructure.
So stay tuned. With this CMS we don't need a database for files/pages. Only for the plugin center, which will be created with OracleJET.

Cheers

Chris

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Excellent.