Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2008/01/11 23:42:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Torque 3.3-RC3 released

The Torque team is pleased to announce the Torque 3.3-RC3 release!

http://db.apache.org/torque/

What is Torque?

Torque is an object-relational mapper for Java. In other words, Torque
lets you access and manipulate data in a relational database using Java
objects. Unlike most other object-relational mappers, Torque does not
use reflection to access user-provided classes, but it generates the
necessary classes (including the Data Objects) from an XML schema
describing the database layout.

Changes in this version include:

   New Features:

o Removed Village meta data check for read only column status. This is
   not fully supported by a lot of JDBC drivers and causes Torque to fail
   with Derby's JDBC network driver.
o Maven 2 plugin: Added the attribute delimiterType for the sqlExec
   goal.
o Implemented the goal id-broker-init-sql in the Maven2 plugin. Issue:
   TORQUE-101. Thanks to Marc Kannegiesser.
o Added copy(..) and add&amp;lt;ForeignKey&amp;gt;(..) methods with a
   connection parameter. Issue: TORQUE-99. Thanks to Tobias Hilka.
o OrderBy now accepts column names without a dot. No additional
   processing is made for these. Issue: TORQUE-89. Thanks to Stefan
   Birrer.
o Added a datadtd goal to the maven2 plugin.
o Added torque.beanExtendsClass property that defines a fully qualified
   class name (e.g. org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm) that the base
   bean classes will extend.

   Fixed bugs:

o Added better handling in Village for BigDecimal values. Double and
   Float types will be converted using appropriate constructors rather
   than the somewhat buggy BigDecimal(String) constructor. Issue:
   TORQUE-53.
o Corrected invalid cast in TorqueRuntimeException.splitStackTrace.
   Issue: TORQUE-103. Thanks to Jonathan Purvis.
o Remove 'COMMENT ON...' output from generated SQL for Sybase as these
   commands do not exist in Sybase's sql. Issue: TORQUE-104. Thanks to
   Sylvain Benoist.
o The suffix parameter to the Maven2-plugin's sql task now works. Thanks
   to Marc Kannegiesser.
o Avoid to call JDK 1.5 code when creating BigDecimals. Issue:
   TORQUE-97. Thanks to Markus Müller.
o Fixed Null Pointer Exceptions in Criteria.equals() and
   Criteria.hashCode() if joins are null. Issue: TORQUE-90. Thanks to
   Sean Gilligan.
o Changed the maven2 plugin's datadump goal to accept only a single
   schema xml. Multiple schema xmls produced illegal output.
o Fixed the maven2 plugin's datasql goal to do the same as the ant and
   maven1 datasql task.
o Fixed problem with somePeer.doDelete(Criteria) if criteria contains a
   join. Issue: TORQUE-93.
o Fixed handling of the enableJava5Features config parameter in the
   maven 2 plugin. Issue: TORQUE-88.
o Fixed handling of select statements in mysql and postgresql if offset
   is set but limit is not set in a query. Issue: TORQUE-87.

   Removed features:

o maven2 plugin: removed the property idTableXmlFile from the sql and
   id-table-init-sql goals. The property never was passed by the mojo and
   also does not work correctly in the generator. Use the goal
   id-table-init-sql to create sql for id tables instead.

The vote for this release can be found in
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-torque-dev/200801.mbox/%3c4787D21D.2010301@apache.org%3e

Have fun!
-The torque team

[ANNOUNCE] Proposed Torque 3.3 final release - please test RC-3 now

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
We are looking to cut Torque 3.3 final in the next week or so.

We would appreciate it if you could test RC-3 with your applications and
report any issues ASAP.

Thanks,

Scott

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.