Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/05 06:38:33 UTC

TextField suggestion

The TextField only works with java.lang.String
gets/sets in my pojos.

I have some java.lang.Integer that I would like to
edit using a TextField.  I will have to write some
wrapper methods for this properties in order to use
the Textfield.  Perhaps the textfield should be able
to be more than just java.lang.String?

Phillip

Re: TextField suggestion

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
You will need to perform validation on your text field.  Use the
ValidField component with a org.apache.tapestry.valid.NumberValidator.
Using this combination you can bind your POJO's numeric property
directly to the value of the ValidField.

Paul

Re: TextField suggestion

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jan 5, 2005, at 12:38 AM, phillip rhodes wrote:
> Perhaps the textfield should be able
> to be more than just java.lang.String?

YES IT SHOULD!!!!  (and it used to be this way, darn it)

	Erik