Posted to user@uima.apache.org by DigitalPebble <ju...@digitalpebble.com> on 2007/08/08 18:34:18 UTC

Announcement beta version of RASP4UIMA

Dear UIMA users,

We are very pleased to announce the beta release of RASP4UIMA. RASP is a
domain-independent, robust parsing system for English. RASP4UIMA wraps the
NLP modules of RASP (Sentence Parser, Tokenizer, Part of Speech Tagger,
Morphological Analyser and Dependency Parser) as UIMA Analysis Engines.

RASP4UIMA is available from  http://www.digitalpebble.com/resources.html as
a PEAR package. The documentation is available in the doc directory of the
PEAR package and from http://www.digitalpebble.com/rasp4uima/index.html

We'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions or comments about it.

On a slightly different subject we are considering wrapping the POS Tagger
of RASP (which is in C) as a native annotator using UIMACpp. Please contact
me if you're interested in doing this.

Best regards,

Julien Nioche

---
http://www.digitalpebble.com
Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

Re: Announcement beta version of RASP4UIMA

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
DigitalPebble wrote:
> Dear UIMA users,
>
> We are very pleased to announce the beta release of RASP4UIMA. RASP is a
> domain-independent, robust parsing system for English. RASP4UIMA wraps the
> NLP modules of RASP (Sentence Parser, Tokenizer, Part of Speech Tagger,
> Morphological Analyser and Dependency Parser) as UIMA Analysis Engines.
>
> RASP4UIMA is available from  http://www.digitalpebble.com/resources.html as
> a PEAR package. The documentation is available in the doc directory of the
> PEAR package and from http://www.digitalpebble.com/rasp4uima/index.html
>
> We'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions or comments about it.
>
> On a slightly different subject we are considering wrapping the POS Tagger
> of RASP (which is in C) as a native annotator using UIMACpp. Please contact
> me if you're interested in doing this.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Julien Nioche
>
> ---
> http://www.digitalpebble.com
> Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

Sounds interesting.  Too bad RASP has such stringent licensing conditions.
It's not even available for evaluation, strictly education and research,
if I read the legalese right.

--Thilo