Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org> on 2017/10/04 09:17:57 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.82 released

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 7.0.82.

Apache Tomcat is an open source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java
WebSocket technologies.

This release contains a number of bug fixes and improvements compared to
version 7.0.81. The notable changes since 7.0.81 include:

- A fix for CVE-2017-12617.

- Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.14 to pick
  up the latest Windows binaries built with APR 1.6.2 and OpenSSL 1.0.2l.

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi

Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 5.5.x and 6.0.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Enjoy

The Apache Tomcat team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.82 released

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/10/17 06:46, vishal suvagia wrote:
> Hi,   This is in relation to 7.0.82 release announcement.
> Currently Ranger uses Tomcat as an embedded server, and we currently use  the 7.0 bits and build 7.0.77, we are planning to use the latest updated bits i.e as of now 7.0.82.
>               Hence I tried an upgrade to that version and did a build and round of testing, It seems that the Tomcat embedded library tomcat-embed-core, is missing package javax.annotation.* and hence the server starts to fail after the upgrade.
> I tried to verify with the tomcat-sources available for both 7.0.81 and 7.0.82, the sources seem to have the classes available, but when I checked the embedded packages for 7.0.81 and 7.0.82,  the tomcat-embed-core.jar present under 7.0.82 seems to be missing the package javax.annotation.* and the classes under javax.annotation.security too.
>
> This is causing the embedded bits to fail to start the tomcat with below error:
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.annotation.security.DeclareRoles
> We are currently unable to upgrade the latest version due to the missing class causing the embedded server start to fail and load the webapp.
> Request to kindly look into this.

Search the change log for "61439"

Mark

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.82 released

[...]