Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/17 15:24:58 UTC

Feedback from the board your July report

There was concern expressed by a board reviewer of the Incubator report on
the HAWQ section.  He was concerned about calling out that the release
manager of HAWQ 2.2 worked for Oushu.

So, I’m sending this as a reminder that individuals work in Apache as
individuals, not as employees of their company.  It is good to call out new
releases, and to point out that new individuals are stepping up to take on
release manager responsibilties.  But their corporate affiliation should be
left out.

Alan.

Re: Feedback from the board your July report

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
I assumed as much, and it’s great to see that others are picking it up.

Alan.

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Alan,

--