Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by vi...@techvision.net.in on 2013/09/20 11:28:37 UTC

Not getting fix the authorization failed error

Hello there,
After writing the configuration in the authz file, I had removed the
following line from the svnserver.conf: authz-db = authz and trying to
check out the repositories based on the my configured users, but the
problem is it is generating the error “192.168.1.99 - Checkout -
TortoiseSVN Failed! Action Path Mime type Command Checkout from
svn://192.168.1.99, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
Error Authorization failed Finished! 470 Bytes transferred in 0 minute(s)
and 7 second(s) The operation failed. OK Cancel” options are provided.
Help is appreciated.

With best regards,
Vikas Waghmare,
System administrator,
TechVision software solution,
skype:vikas.waghmare1,
mobile:+919922885014

Re: Not getting fix the authorization failed error

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM,  <vi...@techvision.net.in> wrote:
> Hello there,
> After writing the configuration in the authz file, I had removed the
> following line from the svnserver.conf: authz-db = authz and trying to
> check out the repositories based on the my configured users, but the
> problem is it is generating the error “192.168.1.99 - Checkout -
> TortoiseSVN Failed! Action Path Mime type Command Checkout from
> svn://192.168.1.99, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
> Error Authorization failed Finished! 470 Bytes transferred in 0 minute(s)
> and 7 second(s) The operation failed. OK Cancel” options are provided.
> Help is appreciated.

Not sure, but perhaps "authz-db=authz" is the default, so removing
that line may be insufficient. Try setting "authz-db=" or something
like that (making it an empty string). Or alternatively, try setting
it to a filename that doesn't exist (not saying that this is good
practice ... just as a test).

--
Johan