Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/12/05 22:50:23 UTC

Re: [shale][tomahawk] user-role

On 12/5/05, Garner, Shawn <sh...@pearson.com> wrote:

> I saw that some of the tags in the tomahawk use a user-role property.
>
> I was wondering how you would set this user-role field for a person in a
> java class when they log in?
>
> I couldn't find any documentation on this field.

Are you talking about the "visibleOnUserRole" attribute on many of the
tags?  The best place to ask questions about them would be on the MyFaces
user list, but my understanding is that these tags assume you are using the
standard container managed security facilities of your servlet container (or
an add-on package that fakes it, like securityfilter from SourceForge).  You
can google for "container managed security" to get more information on this
general topic, which is part of the Servlet Specification (and therefore
able to be used by JSF based applications as well).

Shawn

Craig