Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Meyer <mi...@bluewin.ch> on 2006/03/27 19:52:31 UTC

Can't add maven-artifact-ant-2.0.2-dep.jar as a dependency to an ant plugin

Hi
I already asked this at users@maven.apache.org but I didn't get an
answer so if maybe somebody on this list could help me:

I would like to add maven-artifact-ant-2.0.2-dep.jar as a dependency to an ant plugin.
I added the jar file to my local repository. But I only get a stack trace when I try to execute
the plugin.

I want to add maven-artifact-ant-2.0.2-dep as a dependency because I don't know how else I could achieve
the following with only the ant plugin:

<!-- This creates a fileset -->
<artifact:dependencies filesetId="dependency.fileset">
     <pom refid="maven.project"/>
</artifact:dependencies>

<!-- Here I can copy the dependencies from the repository to a folder -->
<copy todir="target/my-dependencies">
     <fileset refid="dependency.fileset"/>
</copy>

So if anybody knows how this could be done with a pure ant plugin or if anybody
knows how to add maven-artifact-ant-2.0.2-dep as a dependency... Any help would
be welcome.

Cheers, michael

Re: Can't add maven-artifact-ant-2.0.2-dep.jar as a dependency to an ant plugin

Posted by Michael Meyer <mi...@bluewin.ch>.
Hi,
after adding maven-artifact-ant as dependency I no longer get a stackrace.
But there seems to be a problem with either maven-plugin-plugin or
"Ant Tasks" because although the library is in the classpath now the build.xml
file still can't find the classes.

I posted a small example to users@maven.apache.org. The subject
is "Could not create task or type of type: antlib:org.apache.maven.artifact.ant:pom"

It would be really cool if somebody could take a look at that example.
Cheers, michael

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.