Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Sonic Junior <mp...@iag.net> on 1997/08/30 23:00:04 UTC

general/1078: Doesn't work on an Operating System.

>Number:         1078
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Doesn't work on an Operating System.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        all
>Environment:
           I want to compile this under GNU/WIN32 (Unix kernel that runs
on top of Windows 95 and Windows NT). I did ./configure on the 95 machine
and I got:

Sorry, but we cannot grok "i586-whatever-CYGWIN32_95|4.0|17.6"
uname -m
i586
uname -r
4.0
uname -s
CYGWIN32_95
uname -v
17.6
uname -X
uname: invalid option -- X
Try `uname --help' for more information.

NOTE: Windows NT has slightly different output.
GNUWin/32 beta 18
(see Environment). Compiler doesn't work, and try to "redirect" it to
other OSes don't seem to work after compiling. Take a look.
Gnu is available at http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32