Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2001/11/19 22:52:27 UTC

Re: Triple initialization of Catalina/mod_webapp

Let's play "Find The Misconfiguration!"

My server.xml for Catalina plus mod_webapp (comments removed):

  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
    <!-- See the following URL for a good configuration description:
     http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg34591.html
    -->
    <Engine name="Apache" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0"
            className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine">

              directory="../log/debug" prefix="catalina" suffix=".log"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">

               directory="../log/access" prefix="catalina_access" suffix=".log"
               pattern="common"/>

                directory="../log/debug" prefix="catalina" suffix=".log"
                timestamp="true"/>

        <Context path="/servlets" docBase="myapp"
                 reloadable="true" debug="0">
           <Loader checkInterval="1"
                   className="org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader"/>
           <Manager debug="99"/>
        </Context>

      </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>

</Server>

Re: Triple initialization of Catalina/mod_webapp

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Recently found a symlink which would explain this unexpected
behavior.  :-\